July 23, 2009

Not so good thing to do!

Of course, I was a student. Each one of us is sometime, someday, somewhere a student! You will agree to it, wouldn’t you? Remember how when we are in student life, everything seems so different than what it is actually.

The same lab which we used to be pain in (you know what) appears rosy and geeky with all of those new equipments; the same couch which sometimes we slept on during exam days now appear dusty, old and rotten. And the list continues… for each one of us with difference in what and where we looked upon and now looks down on.

I and my friend from Croatia, Sue, went to school together. I met her at one of my project management graduate classes and we have become friends ever since. Even though we both were from different countries and different age groups, we became good friends. Yay! So sue got a coop in a company near our school and she had to travel everyday! We lived on-campus housing and we never had to use a car. So, we now had to buy a car. Since we were international students, every dollar counts!

Story in backdrop --- After a month long exhaustive and time killing search we got a car, an old car. It was a 2004 Honda accord for $8000 and we wanted to make the best of what we got. So we did. After a while of driving, the car had it’s first set of repairs – brake pads, then oil change and then something else. So, it was just the beginning of many more to come. Now you are thinking that we didn’t inspect it properly that is why this happened, but we did to your surprise. I knew this guy from Pepboys and I took him to see the car with me paying him with a free coffee :)and he confirmed “everything looks fine”

So, now in present – we have to sell the car because it is a mess to keep this car. You have to run to the mechanic every now and then which is obviously we don’t want to do that. The car has a problem with it and we don’t have enough money to spend on it to get it done. So we are planning to sell it off. But my contention is that it is not right to sell a car with that defect and keep it virtually hidden but at the same time not telling it to the buyers, is completely wrong.

Mahatma Gandhi once said –

Half truth is no truth at all!

With this, I think I will end my this blog post and we will see what happens! Chao!

No comments: